Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Dong Dong Dong Chiang

Yours truly hates CNY. No angpow, no new clothes, no nothing. The only item Mama ever bought me was a RM5.90 lime green T-shirt, when we went to Cheras. All the nice stuff you see on me? My mama never spent a single cent. The lime green T-shirt, I don't think I'm wearing it anytime soon. Too precious you know.

I used to have a bank account. Mama used to bank in my angpow money every CNY. Then she started hating POSB -- I think it's the DBS thing -- so no more angpow. See how illogical this is? I have no idea where all the money went.

Maybe to make it up to me, my mama brought me to Chinatown on CNY eve. The only things we saw to remotely rival my cuteness were the little puppet dancing lions. Apart from that, it wasn't a very pleasant trip. I fell off the food centre stool onto the cockroach infested floor when Mama went off without me to try to catch the fireworks, unsuccessfully of course.



So Mama, hating CNY just as I do, tried to make it up to me somemore by bringing me to watch the sunrise.



We also went to 拜年 to Sir Stamford Raffles. What an exciting CNY...



At I write this, the Pors and Bits reunion dinner has yet to happen. I see no sign of several of my broodmates. I hear my mama saying she wants to bring us out for pizza. Pizza? Pizza?!?!

CNY ends next Wednesday. I'm guessing my cheapskate mama will buy a $1.50 pack of 汤圆 from NTUC to appease us. Or just save a few fat sago seeds from her cheng tng for us.

VD is over too, and instead of chocolates, all I got was a tausarpau.



It's no fun being a polyester wonder.