Thursday, December 23, 2004

Merry Christmas

Ever pondered the meaning of Christmas?

Last year, my mama's clowns aka FLA bought me peach bubble bath. It's an upgrade from the Dynamo I usually use. When I was polyester wonder junior, I used to use Dynamo and Softlan, but my mama decided Softlan goes bad from long storage, so I've had to endure being somewhat brush-like every time after I bathe. Actually, I think my mama just refuses to pay for Softlan. I love FLA, they bought me Enfant and A Little Fish for my birthday this year.

A certain Christmas eve was spent at Hello Orchard. Thoroughly traumatised by the crowds, my mama grabbed me, Polar and Lehbit into the Singtel shop and we just hid there for as long as we could. Another year, my mama attempted to repeat the bring-kids-to-jostle-with-crazy-x'mas-party-crowd feat. All we did was sleep in the car outside Cairnhill CC (free parking!), my mama never managing to summon the courage to step into the jampacked Newton MRT station.

My brother did end up making wennuanpai for me this Christmas. Ok, not my brother, mama rabbit rather. There's also a crocheted vest from my brother's aunt who came on a visit from Canada. I'm one lucky polyester wonder. And I'm so goddamn handsome. If you disagree, you are wrong.



The best Christmas message I uncovered this season is that of luck. "The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

Peace on earth, and goodwill to all mankind.